When uploading a clip to Adobe Premier Pro and dragging this clip onto your timeline, if you have used both Audio and visuals when filming, they will automatically be linked together when on your timeline. Once you have dragged the clip onto you timeline, you can right click the clip and unlink the Audio and visuals so that they are not together. This means you are then able to delete an audio or visual you do not want but at the same time keep the other on your timeline.
For some clips I have kept the audio and visuals linked, as shown in the image below:
This means that the audio originally attached to the visuals from filming is kept. This clip is termed 'Oli waking up and mum shouting' Here I kept them linked so that the audience is able to hear 'Ben' sleeping and his mum shouting and waking him up.
Below I have unlinked the original audio and visuals in order for me to delete the audio and add another in. Here I have added a song called 'Freefall' by Helen Jane Long.
Below, again I am using a song called 'Freefall' By Helen Jane Long. The difference with this though is that I did not replace all the original audios with the song. For the first few clips on this timeline I have kept the original audio linked with the visuals, this if for the first part of the song, and the original audio lasts for the whole of the bedroom scene. Once Ben starts walking downstairs, original audio is unlinked with the visuals and deleted, and all that is heard is the song I have added in, which is on audio 3 on the timeline. The music is fairly slow and has a 'sad' effect to it which is why I took away original audio in order for the audience to fully engage with the sad music and visuals. All the audience are concentrating on would be the sad music along with the visuals which have an increased sad feeling to them due to the music.
Below, as you can see on audio 3 on the timeline I have added in another song which I uploaded from youtube called 'Free Falling' which is fairly slow and sad matching this particular scene in the film opening where Ben has just run away and he is walking with Martha towards the woods all alone. I have unlinked and deleted the original audio which matched the visuals and have just used the song so the audience can fully engage with the sad music and scene without any distractions. As you can see I have also adjusted the volume of the song right at the start, where it starts quiet and gradually gets louder. This was effective because for a sad scene, a sudden change in music would not have worked, the gradual build up enables the audience to get a feel for the music and they appreciate it more once it has reached its full volume potential. I did this by adjusting and decreasing the level at the start of the song on audio effects. I then adjusted the level again and increased it to the songs full volume potential a few seconds after the start for it to gradually build up.
Below, on audio 3 on the timeline I have added another song uploaded from youtube called 'suspense music - Seeking The Truth' As well as unlinking and deleting certain original audios. The original audio I did keep at this point was a clip where Oliver is speaking into the camera, which I used as a voiceover for when he is running away. The song I added is obviously, as it says in the name, suspense music and helps build up tension right at the end of the film opening before the title of the film suddenly appears on screen. As the title appears on the screen I have also added a 'thud/boom' sound in Audio 2 on the timeline which gives a dramatic sound as the film title appears. This helps the title stand out more and makes the film opening finish with a dramatic effect. The film also finishes on a cliffhanger, and with this thud sound the audience will be feeling many emotions such as tension, suspense and wanting to know what happens next. This one small thud sound can make a big difference to the ending as it results in a very tense and dramatic effect.
Below I have many different audios used for one clip:







No comments:
Post a Comment