Monday, 8 February 2016

P3(a) Logging Rushes and Creating Edit Decision List

Meaning and Purpose:
The meaning and purpose of Logging rushes is that I know which one is which, and this makes the editing stages run a lot smoother and promptly. By renaming all the rushes as shown in the image below it means I know exactly what rush is what and I can select the appropriate clip without any difficulty and without having to watch it first before uploading it onto premier pro. If I had two rushes that were almost identical, for example the same shot but I took two of them so that I had a variety to choose from I would put a number at the end. For example, 'alcohol and sink' and then I had another shot of this which I renamed 'alcohol and sink 2'. 



Before editing my film opening on Adobe Premiere Pro I renamed all my clips sot that it was easy for me to know exactly which shot was which and helped the editing of my film opening run more smoothly and quickly.

To do this, as you can see below I uploaded all clips from the camera card onto my laptop and put them into a folder called 'Unit 41 clips' so that all the clips were put together in a folder so that I knew exactly where to find them. I then renamed all clips appropriately so that I knew exactly which one was which helping the editing stage to run more smoothly as I wouldn't have to watch them to know what clip it was. This helped speed up the editing processes. I then uploaded them all to adobe Premier pro and dragged clip I needed onto the timeline accordingly.




Below is an example of one of my renamed clips 'Boots in woods' As you can see, the title tells you exactly what clip it is making it very easy for me to select to edit. 




Here is the renamed shot 'coming downstairs' which matches the clip exactly.



Here is the renamed clip 'Marth outside' So I knew exactly what shot this was when editing which made it easy and helped it to run smoothly.


Here is the renamed shot 'Oli sitting on bed' which matches the clip exactly and I knew exactly what shot this was when editing.




Shot List:


Having this shot list I knew exactly which shot was which, and by renaming all these shots it made it easy for me when I had to edit my film opening on premier pro. Due to knowing what scene this is I have timecode data representing where each video clip can be obtained in order to conform the final cut. In the table it shows all the clips that I will be using for my film opening, so when editing I can look at this and select appropriate clips. 

Below is part of my Edit decision list:


The reason I created an edit decision list is so that I know exactly what clips I am using and which are not. By doing this I can make room in adobe premier pro with only the clips I will be using. This will help me find them easily. It also tells me the exact duration and what type of shot it is so that I can add them accordingly to my premier pro timeline. 

Below is a step to step guidance on how I set my file up on Adobe Premier Pro:

Here I have opened Adobe Premier pro and I am selecting a new project. 

 From here, many options appear on how my premier pro project will be set up. The option that what important for me was the capture format in which I selected HDV rather than DV. I chose HDV so that it allowed me to select a 1080p editing mode. 

As mentioned by choosing HDV I then was able to select a 1080p24 editing mode. This meant that when editing my film on premier pro parts of the frame will not be cut out due to it being square.
  















No comments:

Post a Comment