Monday, 8 February 2016

P3(c) Applying Visual Effects and Transitions

Below is a screenshot of a toolbar in Adobe Premier Pro. The selected tool below is the cutting tall where I am able to cut a shot to make it smaller or to split it up. This enabled me to adjust the length of the clip to fit in and run smoothly in my film opening.


Below is an example of one clip where I have used fast colour corrector and changed the saturation from 100 to 50. This made the image slightly darker, with a slight hint of grey to suit the dark and mysterious film opening. It also took away the yellow/look to the clip. 



Below I have selected a cross dissolve in the video transition effects to use on this specific clip transition onto the next clip:


Here you can see that by placing this transition effect on the end of the clip, it will cross dissolve and get darker in order to slowly start the next clip. This makes the film opening more interesting and nice on the eye rather than just switching from clip to clip, which is boring for the audience. The first image fades into the next image which gives a slow and steady transition into the next clip.



Below, again I am using a cross dissolve in order to show a smooth transition from one clip to the next. This creates a more exciting and interesting effect for the audience. The cross dissolve causes the first clip to fade into the next by dipping to black to start the next clip. 


As you can see, the first clip was an opening credit 'WESTSCOPE PRODUCTIONS' and then it cross dissolves into the next clip which is a pan shot of the field.


Below I have taken a screenshot of an opening credit at the beginning of my film. 'A Film by Anna Weston' I added this by selecting 'title' in the effect controls and dragged the title onto this specific clip. 


Below I have added a title by selecting it in effect controls and dragging it onto the specific clip.


Below I have added in a 'dip to white' video transition from the effect controls. I selected this effect and dragged onto the specific clip ending in order for a smooth, exciting and interesting transition to the next clip. 


As you can see, at the end of the clip the first image fades to white gradually until you are unable to see the first clip, and then it switches to the next clip. This is effective because rather than switching to the next clip, it gives a slightly dramatic transition into the next clip. It is also an effective way to end the scene, as the screen does not show any clip at one point meaning the scene has ended and a new scene is about to start.


Below I have added a title 'THE RUNAWAY' and dragged it onto a black, blank image. This is the film title, and because I am showing a film opening, this title will appear right at the end of my film opening, after the first part of the film has been shown. This is more effective because at first the audience are trying to work out what the film is about before the title of the film appears, and at the end when they are left at a slight cliffhanger it suddenly appears and they are ready to begin the rest of the film. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment